Social media may have been created for college-aged kids, but the benefits of social media sites can be enjoyed by everyone. Social media is defined as a collection of websites and apps that allow folks to view, create and share ideas and content with other people. The most popular social media site is Facebook, a free social networking site that allows users to create profiles, upload photos and videos, send messages and keep in touch with friends, family and colleagues.
Folks have been logging onto social media and using these tools to bridge the geographic gap between them and their loved ones far away and as a way to re-connect with friends from a far off time. Before you think “it’s not for me,” below are a five benefits of social media:
- Keeping in touch with family, both near and far – geography is no longer a barrier when you have access to social media sites from the comfort of your home.
- Sharing photos and videos with friends and family quickly and easily – couldn’t make it out for the holidays? Don’t worry, your family can keep you up-to-date with the latest shenanigans that are going on.
- Online games and other interactive activities - engaging in games and other activities can offer a simple mood booster and additional companionship.
- Peace of mind for family members – haven’t heard from grandma in a while? Check her Facebook page to see what she’s up to.
- Sense of belonging and engagement – whether you live by yourself or with your partner, social media creates a sense of belonging and you don’t have to fear about missing out on life.
Staying in touch with friends and family has never been easier! Whether you want to learn the basics or specifics of a platform, GroovyTek can help you out. More and more folks are becoming proficient in alien things like Skype and Facebook and really enjoying it. It has become a healthy emotional outlet and word of its benefits has spread like wildfire. If you’re interested in hearing more about social media, give us a call or schedule a session. You can be online in no time!